The health and well-being of employees and the general public are the Town’s top priorities. Nova Scotia Health has been providing daily updates about COVID-19; the situation is evolving rapidly. Mayor and Council of the Town of Berwick would like to keep residents and businesses informed as new information becomes available and have created this page to share information in an organized manner. The Town of Berwick will continue to share information from the Government of Canada and the Province of Nova Scotia to assist their residents and businesses during this pandemic.
We recognize that the measures that we and others have taken WILL impact our residents. We regret any inconvenience and ask for your support and understanding through this challenging and unique circumstance.
Media Releases from the Town of Berwick
- Dec 7th 2020 - https://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20201206005
- June 9, 2020 - pdf Modified Public Access to Town Hall, effective June 15 (408 KB)
- May 26, 2020 - pdf Recreational Programming and Events (408 KB)
- May 19, 2020 - pdf Parks and Green Spaces Update (699 KB)
- April 21, 2020 - pdf An update from the Mayor of the Town of Berwick, Don Clarke (272 KB)
- March 18, 2020 - pdf Town of Berwick update on federal supports and programs for residents and businesses (455 KB)
- March 16, 2020 - pdf Town of Berwick Facility Closure (Media Release) (531 KB)
Status of Programs and Events
Deferred Recreational Programming and Public Events through to August 31, 2020
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Canada Day Weekend Celebrations in Rainforth Park
- Summer Concert Series
- Berwick Town Wide Yard-sale
- Summer Day Camp
- Adult/Senior Fitness Classes
All facility rentals; including sports fields and the Town Hall Gymnasium, will also be deferred.
Deferrals may be revisited should changes to the NS Public Health Directives warrant. Programming will be reassessed for September 1, 2020.
Status of Council and Committees of Council
Until further notice, all public meetings of Town Council or other committees of Council are cancelled.
Media Releases from our Partners
- April 3, 2020 - pdf Berwick and District School update on Learning Support Plan (236 KB)
- April 2, 2020 - pdf Kings Transit Authority - Suspension of Bus Service in Kings and Annapolis Counties (104 KB)
- March 22, 2020 - pdf Kings Transit Authority - Temporary Suspension of Transit Service (30 KB)
- March 19, 2020 - Valley Waste Resource Management update on services
- March 16, 2020 - Annapolis Valley Regional Library branch closures