Rules and Regulations
The following rules and regulations are to be followed or an additional fee will be charged to cover costs incurred:
- All booking requests are subject to the Department Coordinator approval. Based on availability, program offering supports and demand of the facility within our community.
- All user groups will be billed for the time that is booked. If a user group has the facility booked for a certain time and date, it is the responsibility of that group to notify the Department Coordinator of any cancellations. Notification must be made 1 week prior to the date of the scheduled time, unless the cancellation occurs due to weather conditions, or on a weekend. In this case, the Department Coordinator should be notified as soon as possible.
- Any damage to the facility must be reported to the Department Coordinator as soon as possible. User groups will be liable for any damage to the facility and equipment and will be invoiced the cost of repairs by the Department.
- Outdoor shoes are not to be worn in the gym; clean indoor shoes are required.
- User groups are responsible for routine cleanliness of the rented facility, including any sweeping, garbage pick-up, or tidying up before leaving.
- Equipment rooms and cupboards are off limits and are not included in the booking. If specific equipment is required please notify Town staff.
- There is to be no food or drink in the gymnasium with the exception of water in non-glass bottles.
- If you are using our multi-purpose room and serving food, please consider that the Town of Berwick has adopted a Healthy Food Environment Policy. We encourage you to follow the policy by offering healthy foods at your event. For more information and/or ideas on healthy items to serve please contact the Department (contact info below).
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Please ensure all doors are locked and lights turned off at the end of your booking.
- Keys must be returned to the Department before noon the next business day.