Welcome to Berwick – Please stop and explore all that our town has to offer!
Berwick is an inclusive community with a strong volunteer base. Berwick residents believe that while the town is an ideal place to retire it also has an overall appeal for young families. The single family character of Berwick’s residential neighborhoods is perceived as a value worth preserving.
The town has
- Accessible, low cost recreation programs, which includes sport and leisure.
- An enhanced capacity for integration for persons with disabilities.
- Youth programs and activities as well as for senior citizens
The character of the town is shown by the prevalence of streetscapes flanked with mature trees, homes with historical interest, green spaces, parks and institutional sites such as the Berwick school, new fire hall and the new and growing Kings Mutual Century Center.
The Town of Berwick was incorporated in 1923, is located in the central Annapolis Valley and is known as the Apple Capital because of its significant agricultural history, particularly in the apple industry.
The Town provides essential services to its residents and is a service district to many surrounding communities. The Town has its own electric utility and waste water systems and boasts of a full compliment of recreation facilities, restaurants, retail outlets and commercial businesses. The Town and surrounding communities have seen an increase in population, recreation, residential and commercial development. It has become a destination for sports, shopping, dining and entertainment. With its many amenities, central location, lower utility rates, low water and sewer costs, Berwick is an attractive area to live in and to establish your business.
- Berwick’s Population: 2,506
- Kings County Population: 60,000
- 2018 Unemployment Rate in Nova Scotia: 8.2%
- Motivated and skilled labour force
Proximity to Markets
- Berwick is strategically located in the central Annapolis Valley with immediate proximity to Trans Canada 101
- Kentville: 18 minutes
- CFB 14 Wing Greenwood: 20 minutes
- Halifax: 1 hour, 19 minutes
- Halifax Stanfield Airport: 1 hour, 16 minutes
- Berwick Electric: Higher percentage of green energy production and lower rates than Nova Scotia Power.
- On-Site Water, No Municipal Rates or Charges
- Multi—Use Development Zones: residential, commercial, industrial and
- NEW Investment in Phase ll of KMCC—State of the art recreation & community complex. Rink, Fitness Centre, Curling Rink, Wellness Center
& Lions Community Hall.
- Rise in Residential Development—all age brackets.
- New and expanding businesses: i.e. Wheaton’s, Michelin, Eden Valley, and so much more.
- Berwick School—p to 9 known for Music and French Immersion.
- Green & Public Space Development: An abundance of greenspace, natural parkland, sports fields, multi generational park & multi-use trail systems.
- A thriving, diverse business core. Known particularly for their highly acclaimed restaurants and locally owned, unique shops.
- Open and welcoming community with an expansive volunteer network.
- Festivals and Major Events throughout the year.
- Public Transportation: Kings Transit & Kings Point to Point
- Close to four (4) quality Golf Courses.
- Close to many lakes and the Bay of Fundy
- Biking, Hiking, Bike Skills, Boating, ATV & Snowmobile Trails