Next Ride - Test Drive Day
- Published: Friday, 20 November 2020 10:03
Holiday Home Decorating Contest - Challenge
- Published: Tuesday, 17 November 2020 10:29
We are EXTENDING our Holiday Home Decorating contest. That's right... we are awarding a prize to the winner in EACH district!
The winner in each district will receive a $100 gift card to one of our Berwick restaurants (drawn at random from the three judged winners - the judging panel will have a representative from each district for fairness!) - we are asking for entries to be received by December 9th at 9 AM, as we are creating a map for our communities to be able to check out the entries on December 13th, when the light fight officially takes place.
For this fun competition, we have defined the districts as
North: Somerset, Welsford, Garland, Burlington & Harbourville
Town: Houses within Town limits
South: South Berwick, Windermere, Rockland & Morristown
This contest is judged by a judging panel, and criteria is based on lights, decorations and overall holiday feel on the exterior of a home.
Entries can be submitted here: https://forms.gle/emGN9znPb1dTBJ9y9
Holiday Light Fight - Challenge
- Published: Tuesday, 17 November 2020 10:26
HEY! Somerset, Welsford, Garland, Burlington and Harbourville - and South Berwick, Windermere, Rockland and Morristown!
We challenge YOU to a Christmas Light Fight!
The competition officially gets underway on November 27th, following the Town of Berwick's Virtual Tree Lighting Ceremony.
Who will have the most Christmas lights in their community on December 13th: Berwick or the North Mountain district? OR will it be the South Mountain district?
More details to follow but get your Christmas lights ready, Berwick and District area, because the challenge is ON!
Virtual Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Published: Monday, 16 November 2020 09:40
Covid-19 has gotten in the way of many of our holiday plans but our Tree Lighting Ceremony is going ahead for 2020 - just a bit modified!
Tune in to Facebook Live at 6:15 PM on November 27th, as the Town of Berwick livestreams the official turning on of the lights in the Town of Berwick.
At 6:29 PM, a countdown will begin and we encourage ALL residents and businesses to join us as we count down from 10 and turn on our lights together as a community!
This event will also serve as the kick-off to our official Christmas Light Fight vs the North Mountain and the South Mountain - we have challenged our neighboring communities to see who can be the lightest and brightest this holiday season... stay tuned for more details!
Technical Difficulties Electronic Sign - November 19
- Published: Monday, 09 November 2020 10:31
November 9, 2020 - We are experiencing some technical difficulties with the system connecting to our electronic sign.
Messages currently displaying may be incorrect.
Messages that were to be loaded today:
- Council Meeting and Swearing in Ceremony, 6:30 PM Monday November 9th in Town Hall Gym
- Valley Wildcats Hockey November 15 at 3 PM at the Kings Mutual Century Centre
- Blood Donor Clinic, November 18th at the Berwick Lions Hall
- Don't forget your Nova Scotia Firefighter's 50-50 tickets in support of the Berwick & District Volunteer Fire Department
- Support for a new Grand View Manor with single rooms for residents, call Jessie, 902-538-3118 Ext. 5127
- Resources are available to help prevent the spread of Covid-19
We hope to have the sign back up and running properly as soon as possible!
Launch of Poppy Campaign
- Published: Friday, 30 October 2020 10:30
We were pleased to be joined this morning by Peter Rigby, from the Royal Canadian Legion Ortona Branch 69, to officially launch the 2020 Poppy Campaign in the Town of Berwick.